The Problem With Board Meeting Packs
“Our board gets too much, and it’s mostly the wrong stuff.” That is a common refrain in conversations many Australasian directors have about their board meeting materials. Our research confirms that this is also a widely held concern in other parts of the world. For example, a report just released in the UK*, concluded that 64% of a wide cross-section of boards had to work on board packs that did not support focused conversations about priority issues.
What’s inside the whitepaper?
- So, why do many board packs fall short?
- How can board pack shortcomings be fixed?
- How to improve board alignment and discipline
- How to seek a balance in how board pack content is presented
- How to develop a board pack ‘road map’